Site was updated to the newest version of PHPbb. Enjoy!

Tire carrier

Any Fab that does not fit into another Forum
pertneer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Build it or Buy it: Buy It

Tire carrier

Post by pertneer » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:23 pm

I finished making my new design for a tire carrier. I completed welding the last gusset in place and sent it off to get powder coated and a friends work place(free is good). Here is a screen shot from the cad drawing that I made to finalize the design.

I designed a new one with the use of a cad because I needed to make sure that I got the hinge point in the correct location. My old tire carrier would not allow me to open my tailgate or hardtop back hatch(rookie). Let me know what you think.

I did make a couple of changes from the design shown, because of the materials that I had available. They were only minor and actually look better. I also left out the holes in the gussets as they would have been to hard to line up during welding. I was going to add them in later, but I had to send it to get powder coated sooner than I thought I was going to have to.
Jeeps do not break
they present you with opportunities to upgrade!

pertneer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tire carrier

Post by pertneer » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:35 am

I just got the tie carrier back early last week from getting powder coated. I will post pictures soon. :roll:
Jeeps do not break

pertneer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tire carrier

Post by pertneer » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:01 am

Here is the picture after it was powder coated.

As you can see I decided not to put in the holes in the gussets. I only planned on doing that if it was to heavy. Since it only weights in at 31 pounds I decided not to put the holes in it.
Jeeps do not break